fivezenses

Beautiful Creatures
Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia
Starcrossed
Josephine Angelini
The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1)
Maggie Stiefvater

Like Water for Chocolate: A Novel in Monthly Installments with Recipes, Romances, and Home Remedies

Like Water for Chocolate - Laura Esquivel, Carol Christensen, Thomas Christensen Having read it for a group project in the Fall semester of '09, I was curious about it from the start. The back of the book was what made me read it in the first place. What kept me going was the story and the really cool touch of having recipes added.

It was broken down into twelve chapters. Each chapter represented a month and a special recipe was added at the beginning of each chapter. And the recipes were picked for that special moment of that month or for that season. I have yet to try any of them, but it's all Mexican recipes written in english.

Anyway, it's a fantastic book and left me and my classmates being satisfied with the ending; well sort of haha it was an "odd" ending, but a good one.

I would say it's worth reading once and great for anyone looking to write a report in high school or the freshman year of english in college.